Friday, July 15, 2016

Share the Love

Being that it's summer time, I don't get to see allot of people but I have ran into a couple that I just wanted to mention or recognize and hopefully people can add them to prayer chains and spend a moment thinking about them as well. So many people do great things in our district and we hardly think about it as it's their job. But unspoken appreciation happens daily in a school environment and even though it's not said enough, everyone is important!


Mary Ellen Blake was a secretary for the Lighthouse School and she recently passed away very suddenly. I remember in March she had a sub come in for her and it became permanent. I remember asking where she was as it had been a while and it was not known as she was keeping it private. Unfortunately she has fell victim to cancer and within 3 months she is no longer with us. I just wanted to say that she was a fantastic lady that was always complimentary and appreciative of my work and I will always remember her. I am happy to have had her in my life and I will miss her greatly. Thank you for all you did for us Mary Ellen! You are loved!!!

Another person that is hurting badly right now is Kathy Bailey. Kathy is a custodian at the middle school and has had her own bouts with health issues in recent years. She has overcome them but still not 100 percent but the real issue right now is her family. I don't know how she can even work but at this time her mother is having heart issues, her dad is fighting for his life and her sister is also having to battle for her health. I am having a hard time with my daughter let alone 2 other people close to me at the same time. I can't imagine how she is feeling knowing that the support system that would normally be there for her are the same people struggling to survive. Kathy Bailey could use all the strength you could give her and I would greatly appreciate thoughts and prayers for her family as well. I appreciate you Kathy and enjoy speaking with you when possible. You do not deserve this pain and I pray your families health will return and you are able to have peace again! <3

One more person in the district needing some prayers is another custodian Tim Reynolds. Tim has recently been informed he has cancer as well. He continues to work which again I find it amazing he is doing but hopefully he is able to get in and start his treatment very soon. We are thinking of you Tim and I hope you know you can beat this and get your life back on track!!!

Thank you for your thoughts. As you can see, cancer is becoming an epidemic. I don't consider myself knowing allot of people but it seems that everyone I know is struggling with cancer either within their family or through friends. We all know someone with some kind of cancer and the only common denominators I've come up with is food and water. Regardless of what it is, I hope that everyone is able to tell their loved ones that they are in their thoughts cause it's definitely helping us get through this just knowing people care about you. It means the world to us as parents to have that support. Thank you again for everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment