Monday, July 4, 2016

Tuesday, July 12th - Chemo day

Great Grandma Loves you!

I am very nervous for today cause we aren't able to be there for one but two, she will be receiving her 3rd kind of chemo today called peg asparaginase and you bet they come with their very own side effects which include:
  1. Nausea, vomiting.
  2. Chills, fever.
  3. Pain.
  4. Swelling of the body.
  5. Tiredness. 
  6. Allergic reaction, (sudden onset of wheezing, itching, rash, face swelling, agitation, low blood pressure).  You will be monitored closely for this reaction. 
  7. Fatigue, lethargy, drowsiness, and excessive sleepiness. 
  8. Diarrhea.
  9. Mouth sores.
  10. Increases in blood tests measuring pancreatic enzymes (amylase and lipase).
  11. Increases in blood tests measuring liver function.  These return to normal once treatment is discontinued.
  12. Blood clotting disorders, increases risk of both bleeding and clotting.
The last thing I would want is for her to have troubles breathing again as that has been amazingly better due to the prednisone. She has yet to have any side effects from the first two kinds of chemo so I am anticipating, hoping and praying she continues to be fine and the treatment does it's job without the other side effects. We are on a lucky streak and my baby girl is reaping the rewards of love in every form and from every direction. <3

Someone must be watching out for us is all I have to say. When we got home the power was out. Thank goodness it must of been just that day cause everything was still OK in the fridge. We did notice there was no hot water though so I went downstairs to check the breaker and sure enough it had blown. I reset it and went back upstairs and went to bed.
The next morning I was able to have hot water but the wife did not. I checked it and it had blown the breaker again. I reset it once more and again by evening it was tripped.

Right before we left for Boise, our next door neighbors gave us their water heater as they were getting natural gas installed. It was only 2 years old and we have often wondered if our water heater was the culprit behind a very high electric bill. We've even asked around if it was normal to have a bill in the $250-300 range all throughout the year. It's only the 2 of us and even when Mayleigh lived with us it was around the same. We live in the dark and  prefer it cold for the most part so we aren't over using lighting or heat and we mainly just use tv, computers, charging devices etc.

Regardless, a good friend of my wife and her husband came over and delivered her some stuff from Bailey's and checked our water heater. He works at Perry's and not only found that it had started on fire but it was toast (burnt toast). Thank God it didn't burn the house down!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Things could of have been much much worse for us and the reality check was significant.
Not only did he find what the issue was he installed the new water heater and had us up and going within an hour. We are truly blessed to have such good friends and people surrounding us!


You are all our angels and we can never repay you for all that you have done for us!!!

Update: In Mayleigh's own words from her experience today -

Today I had my 3rd dose of chemo and other than complete boredom, I've been having no side effects. :) My blood counts were good enough they let me go outside for a little bit while wearing a mask ;3 It's tiring, but I'm so happy I have my fiance here to keep me company in the coming days. 

Monday I get a Ommaya Reservoir put in my head to give chemo there; to get to the central nervous system easier. It's a low risk and quick procedure, but I'm still nervous. Continue to keep me in your thoughts as my treatment continues. <3
and thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has shared and or donated to my campaign so far. It means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment