Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thank you Ian!

One person that deserves a huge thank you for being their for our daughter is Juvenal Lara (Ian), Mayleigh's fiance.
Ian and Mayleigh began dating in the summer of 2014 shortly after her graduation. It took a while before we could ever meet him, but I would lure him over with my smoked meats which he seemed to really enjoy.

Mayleigh and Ian got engaged on June 21st, the day before her biopsy in Eugene. I'll never forget it only for the fact that I thought I was going to have a heart attack after hearing the emotion in my wife's voice. I was in the living room and I hear her answer and immediately let out an emotional half cry "OH MY GOD!!!". I think I took 2 steps as I flew into the kitchen to see what was the matter. With Mayleigh's increased breathing issues and overall not doing so well I immediately envisioned the worst. She quickly let me know that Ian proposed to Mayleigh at the beach...
After the adrenaline wore off I quickly became relieved that she was ok but also extremely happy for her as she sounded on cloud nine. She didn't have allot to be excited about with all the poking, prodding and now biopsy on the horizon and it was awesome to see and hear the excitement in her voice.

Ever since Mayleigh has been with Ian, he has provided love and support beyond anything we could ever have asked for. I think most parents have visions of what their child's husband/wife will be like and at the top of my list has always been someone that cares for her, loves her unconditionally and treats her right without mental or physical abuse in any way. Ian has done this for her in every way possible and for that I am so thankful to him. He is a man of few words but I can tell in his actions and his care for Mayleigh that he truly loves her and is doing the best he can to help in any way.
Ian has been with her since we left last week which has enabled us to take care of our priorities but he unfortunately will have to do the same on Sunday. She will still have 2 weeks minimum staying in the hospital but he must go back to work for a time before he is able to come up again.

We just wanted to say thank you Ian, for all you do. You have exceeded our expectations for caring for our daughter and we welcome you into the family with open arms. This experience can only strengthen the relationship between all of us and I look forward to getting to know you better through the years. Please know that we are there for you as much as we are for our own daughter and don't hesitate to ask us for anything. Your parents should be proud knowing they raised a young man as giving as yourself and Mayleigh is lucky to have you in her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment